Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Crockpot Not so refried beans

I apologize ahead of time because I do not have exact measurements. I just threw things in the crockpot and my husband loved it. Now, my husband doesn't like the traditional ham and beans for dinner. I tried to mix it up because we were tight on money and I didn't want to go to the grocery store.
 
2 lbs dried pinto beans
1 onion diced
2-4 Jalapenos (your preference)
1 package of bacon cut in bite sizes.
Salt to taste
Pinto bean seasoning to taste
Water to the top of crockpot
 
I put all this in the crockpot the night before, around 6, and cook it on low. Check the water the next morning and stir. It starts to get thicker. When it is almost dinner time stir again. The beans will eventually be more consistent with refried beans. I make them to put with my burritos or in a bowl with some cheese on top. So good.


Here is the beans I made for tonight's dinner. I added a tad too much water but I like it like that. My husband likes it a little thicker.




No comments:

Post a Comment